Our Guiding Principles
Citizenship: We act responsibly and respectfully.
- We take responsibility for our actions.
- We treat others the way we want to be treated.
- We acknowledge that the best solution for one individual may be different for another individual.
- We are willing to be flexible and vulnerable.
- We acknowledge mistakes and learn from them.
- We name our emotions and explore positive and productive ways to express our thoughts and feelings.
Acceptance: We welcome everyone into our community.
- We strive to foster a climate of inclusion of all people.
- We practice an unconditional and positive regard for ourselves and others.
- We work hard to build positive relationships between ourselves and others.
- We believe in community-building circles to create and sustain a positive culture.
- We value the diversity of racial and cultural identity and background, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, and religious background.
- We value the diversity of family structure, mental and physical health and ability, political perspective, and educational and class status.
Growth: We view all situations as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- We push ourselves and others to always grow and improve.
- We examine our actions and continually seek opportunities to recognize strengths and develop new skills.
- We are open to feedback.
- We can take space, regroup and then return to the situation.
- We believe in growth mindset, a belief that intelligence can be developed.
- We understand that extra time and effort leads to high achievement.
Safety: We work hard to ensure a physically and emotionally safe environment.
- We take responsibility for making our community safe for everyone.
- We work together to restore balance when safety is compromised.
- We use restorative justice circles to take ownership, to understand the impact of our actions on the community and to rebuild relationships.
- We are a bully-free zone.
- We are a team-oriented environment.
- We believe in working together to achieve our individual and collective goals.
399 Lincoln Rd, Walpole, MA 02081
Phone: (508) 668-7703
Fax: (508) 660-9639
PRINCIPAL: Rene Dickhaut